- refunds &
- how to best contact me (email@example.com)
A Threaded Needle ships to anywhere in North America. The cost of shipping to other countries makes it impractical for customers in other countries.
I use Canada Post shipping with tracking to send your orders. I do this because Canada Post will ship to post office box numbers and rural areas where other shippers may not.
About the cost of shipping:
- I know the cost of shipping is hard to swollow, especially if you only need a small item. I'm sorry for this. I get a bit of discount from Canada Post and I pass that on to you, but I know it doesn't help much.
- If I offered free shipping I would have to build it into my product prices so it would come to the same thing. I choose to keep my prices as low as I can and to charge you exactly what the post office charges me for your order, and I have no added handling or packaging charges.
- If I shipped very large volumes of packages, the Post Office would give me very large discounts and I could absorb the cost of giving free shipping, but I don't so they don't :-)
The best suggestions to reduce the cost of shipping I have to offer are:
- Wait to place your order until you have several things you need because the shipping rates for Canada Post parcels starts at a flat rate and goes up from there by weight increments. This means you can usually order a sizeable amount for the same shipping cost that you would pay for some threads and a pack of needles. (I know, it seem wrong- but it costs the same for the trucks and employees and so forth to move a letter from one place to another as it does for a shoe box size package, for example)
- Another option (which uses the same logic as the first :-D) is to order with a friend, or with your quilting guild or you sewing/stitching group and share the shipping cost.
For local customers: Why I don't offer local pick up:
- I regret very much that I can't. Basically I'm too small and too niche a business to afford the rent and overhead to pay for a storefront location. Instead, I work from a strata situation. This means insurance doesn't cover customers coming here, and by-law won't allow extra traffic.
Returns & Refunds:
- If you want to return an order, or part of one, please do it within 15 days and in the condition you received it for a full refund. When it arrives here I will refund the product(s) to your method you used to pay for it.
- I will pay the return shipping only if the product was defective or if the reason for the return was caused by my error. In such a case I will refund the product & shipping you paid and the return shipping cost.
This is an independent owned business (just me with occasional help) which means I can't keep up with all the places you can send me messages, texts or calls, so let's keep it simple and just use my e-mail. Thank you for understanding :-)
Physical address of A Threaded Needle:
A Threaded Needle
#3 - 22206 124th Ave
Maple Ridge, BC
Phone 1-236-513-2120 (but please see note above regarding the impossibility of getting through my day's work if I stop for ringing phones! If at all possible, use my e-mail. It may take longer to get a reply, and I'm sorry for that, but it helps keep my work load something near manageable :-) firstname.lastname@example.org