Kugurizashi Sashiko Pre-printed Fabric, Kikkoh-Hanasashi Design
Please select all options.
This Kugurizashi Sashiko design is printed with wash away ink on cotton fabric, ready to open and start stitching. This design is called Kikko-Hanasashi.
I like this process of weaving an additional thread under the stitched threads. It adds another layer of peaceful meditative movement to the process of sashiko stitching. It also deepens the texture of the cloth so that as it is washed and dried it becomes increasingly interesting.
- Kikko-Hanasashi kugurizashi
- Skill level: Kugurizashi is an advanced sashiko technique and the included instructions are in Japanese only (but with good diagrams). It is well worth learning if you enjoy stitching but This blog will show you the basics.
- Recommended book: (in English) for learning Kugurizashi and Hitomezashi sashiko stitching: Amazing Sashiko
- Thread needed: 80 meters sashiko thread
- Care: 100% cotton cloth. Hand wash in warm water, towel dry. Press face down with steam
- Finished size: 12" x 12"
100% cotton fabric. The fabric is 13" x 26" and you are meant to fold the unprinted fabric part behind the printed side and stitch through both layers. The finished piece will be 12" X 12". Hem and use it alone, or sew into another project.
The print washes away completely so please do not get the fabric damp before you are finished stitching! Also do not iron before you are finished and have washed out the printed markings. Heat may set them.Uses: These 12" x 12" finished stitchings can be hemmed and used as they are, or used for cushions, quilt blocks, or in other sewing projects.