Boro Kit with Japanese wagara-momen
Please select all options.
Boro kit with everything you need to make a 24" X 24" boro stitched cloth (like the cushion in the photograph here). This kit is a good for beginning stitchers and for anyone wanting to make a boro cloth using traditional wagara designs on Japanese cotton fabrics.
The package contains
- hand cut pieces of Japanese wagara-momen, 3" - 4" wide strips approx 10" long, plus three 6" square pieces. They are the same cotton fabrics shown in these photographs although the patterns on the fabrics will vary some from package to package.
- 2 sashiko needles,
- 2 skeins of white sashiko thread,
- a leather sashiko thimble,
- a pair of metal Japanese threads snips,
- 5 pages of information and instructions.
- I have also included one sashiko preprinted fabric strip in this boro package which you can stitch first, then wash away the printed markings, and add to your boro project for a nice detail. In the sample in the photo here I cut mine into 3 small pieces.