Japanese Wagara Fabric Boro Kit
Please select all options.
Boro kit with everything you need to make a boro stitched cloth approx 20" X 20" . This kit is a good for beginning stitchers or for anyone wanting to make a boro cloth with traditional Japanese wagara print cotton fabrics.
The package contains
- hand cut pieces of Japanese wagara-momen. They are the same fabrics shown in these photographs although the patterns on the fabrics will vary some from package to package. Every kit has a fireman coat block but the design on it may not be the one shown in these photographs.
- 20" X 22" light weight cotton fabric (for stitching your boro pieces on)
- 1 pack 2 Sashiko needles,
- 1 skein of white sashiko thread,
- 1 leather sashiko thimble,
- 1 metal Japanese thread snip,
- Information and instruction pages for how to do boro stitching
- I have also included one 1sashiko preprinted fabric strip in this boro package which you can stitch first, then wash away the printed markings, and then add it to your boro project for a nice detail. In the sample in the photo here I cut mine into 3 small pieces.