Hitomezashi Sashiko Sampler, Marguerite Daisy Design
Please select all options.
- Marguerite (Daisy) Hitomezashi pre-printed fabric
- Amount of sashiko thread you will need: 80 meters
- Skill level: Confident sashiko stitcher. Instructions are in Japanese only but with good diagrams.
- New: This blog contains English instructions for this design
- Recommended books in English for beginners: Amazing Sashiko or Sashiko & Color.
- Care: 100% cotton cloth. Hand wash in warm water, towel dry. Press face down with steam.
- Uses: These 12" x 12" finished stitchings can be hemmed and used as they are, or used for cushions, quilt blocks, or in other sewing projects.
What is Hitomezashi Sashiko?
Hitomezashi is a style of sashiko. The designs are made up of single stitches in straight lines across the fabric. The stitching covers the fabric more densely than simple sashiko designs. This technique was used to make cloth stronger where it would get a lot of wear (cuffs, collars, knees...) and for mending. Today we are stitching it for its beauty and because it is relaxing and enjoyable.
These designs are also used for boro stitching (visible mending)