Sashiko Kit, Circling Cranes Table Mat Kit
( / )Unavailable
Please select all options.
Circling Cranes Sashiko kit contains hand dyed indigo cotton fabric printed with iron away out ink, and matching fabric backing cloth.
The filling layer is thick enough to make a good pad for hot dishes and the fabric is thicker than quilting cottons, suitable for functional home decor use.
Size: 32cm (12 1/2") diameter
Things to know:
- This kit comes with no instructions for sashiko stitching but you can find some in my blogs here and on u-tube.
- Do not iron before you are finished stitching. Ironing will remove the markings
- The markings do fade some with handling. If they are becoming too difficult to see you can draw over them with a white iron away fabric marker (you can find some on this site).
- To finish the mat: Apply the adhesive filling to the backing fabric, then lay backing fabric with filling layer on your table and cover it so that the back of the stitched layer faces up (so you see it)
- Stitch the layers together leaving a short opening for turning right side out. Clip for ease and turn. Now you can iron it and hand stitch the opening closed.
- Top stitch with navy thread close to the edge of the right-side-out mat. This will doubly ensure the filling layer cannot move during washing.
- Machine wash, dry and press as needed.