Japanese Yukata Kimono Sewing Pattern by Folkwear
Please select all options.
This traditional Japanese kimono sewing pattern by Folkwear is for a traditional Yukata Kimono (informal, unlined). It is printed full size on sheets of white tissue with variations for women or men styles, and with three sleeve options, casual Kukuta sleeve for women, and both formal and informal sleeves for women and for men.
- Pattern and instructions for Japanese Kimono
- One size
- Suggested fabric medium to lightweight cotton, dyed yarn cotton
- Pattern contains extensive notes on history and fabrics
- Traditional and modern ways of wearing this timeless garment are given
- See pattern back photograph for more detail
4 1/2 meters of fabric (44" wide) will be plenty of fabric for a women's long kimono with formal sleeves (5 meters for men's). See the pattern back in the photos for specific fabric amounts based on fabric widths.
There are optional instructions for sashiko stitching traditional sashiko design or authentic family crest designs on your kimono (both have placement markings on the pattern pieces). Also included are optional instructions for how to prepare and shibori dye your kimono fabric!
Also incudes directions for an informal Obi.