Japanese Hakama & Kataginu Sewing Pattern by Folkwear
Please select all options.
This pattern gives you complete instructions for cutting and pleating the traditional Hakama in any size and includes pattern pieces for small, medium-large, and sumo sized Koshiita and Koshiita Triangles.
For contemporary wear there are instructions for two side panels to fill in the side seam gaps that expose the underlying kimono in traditional wear.
- Instructions for Japanese Hakama
- Pattern for Hakama Koshiita/Backboard
- Pattern and instrcutions for Kataginu, one size
- Suggested fabrics: crisp tightly woven cottons, linens, raime, hemp
- see photograph of pattern back for more detail