Starter Kit for (Joyful) Mending
Please select all options.
Just beginning to mend? This kit is a good place to start. It includes enough tools and notions to get you off to a good start, and Noriko Misumi's book Joyful Mending to teach you the techniques you need.
- wooden darning egg and darning mushroom
- package of 12 cotton or cotton-linen 5" X 5" fabric patches
- package of 4 Olympus sashiko mending needles
- pair of small sharp scissors
- 20 meter skein of off white Olympus cotton sashiko thread
- ball of Precencia perle cotton and
Joyful Mending book by Noriko Misumi
This book's title captures its essence: Joyful Mending, Visible Repairs for the Perfectly Imperfect Things We Love. Noriko Misumi demonstrates using basic sewing, mending, felting and crochet techniques, as well as some simple embroidery stitches for repairing the things you love.
The range of this book is nice. As well as using multiple techniques for making mends, she shows you how to work on woven and knit fabrics, how to mend curved and flat areas, how to make intentional visible mends, and how to make repairs that blend. All while maintaining the feeling of satisfaction and joy that comes with handwork, and with extending the life of the things we use and love.
Soft cover book, 88 pages
Published by Tuttle Books