Bird & Berries Wool Bag (Digital Pattern)
Please select all options.
This is a digital pattern for making the small wool bag shown. No need to wait for the mail :-) Digital patterns are sent to you in an email link. You can then print the pattern immediately on regular copy paper and start your new project. If you have other items in the same order as your digital pattern, they will be mailed to you as usual, but the digital pattern email link will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed.
You will get
This pattern contains full size pattern and direction for making a 6" x 7" wool felt fabric bag using hand stitches. There are directions for how to make the stitches used.
- 8” x 16” felted wool fabric for bag
- 2 felted wool strips 1/2” x 14” for straps
- 4” x 4” felted wool fabric for bird body
- 4” x 4” felted wool fabric for bird wing
- 12 beads for berries
- Wool applique needle
- Thread for stitching (embroidery, sashiko thread, or Perle cotton are all suitable. I used knitting wool for the stitching the bag pieces together and Aurifil wool thread for the appliqué. Choose your threads to suit the look you want :-)
- This bird design will lend itself nicely to other uses, particularly to outline stitch embroidery, and needle punching. Directions for these are not included :-)
- Use regular size copy paper
- To be sure this pattern prints at the right size check that your printer is set at 100%. Your printer probably calls this 'paper scaling' and if it says 'none' that will be the same as 100%
- For patterns with pieces larger than 8 x 11, you will need to match and tape pattern pages together to make the design 'whole'
- You can save ink and paper by printing only the pages you need and reading the others on screen.