Amazing Sashiko, Modern Japanese Embroidery Designs, The Book
Please select all options.
Amazing Sashiko by AYUFISK int. shows how to draw out, stitch, and design your own hitomesashi (one stitch sashiko) and kurgisashi (one stitch sashiko plus thread weaving) There are step by step projects, full page designs, even graph pages for you to use for designing your own. She explains everything you need to know clearly. I've been waiting for this book and so have you if...
- if you have been wanting to stitch Hitomezashi or kugurisashi designs, but not sure how (so many great pre-printed designs have only Japanese instructions but with this english language book you will learn enough about the techniques to be able to stitch them all)
- if you have wanted to learn how to draw out these designs on your own fabric, or
- if you have been wanting to use these techniques for your own stitching, art, or mending projects
This is a book suitable for beginners, but it is also a book for anyone who loves to design with stitching. Amazing Sashiko brings together architecture, graphic art, and traditional stitching to create an exciting modern textile art take on Japanese sashiko. And she (AYUFISH int.) does it without diminishing the traditional classic beauty of the techniques that make sashiko stitching techniques so enduringly beautiful.
- Amazing Sashiko, Modern Japanese Embroidery Designs Book
- Book by AYUFISH inc.
- Published by Tuttle Publishing
- 112 pages, soft cover, 10" X 8"
You can find kits and supplies for this book in the Amazing Sashiko Collection on the Home page of this website in early September 2023.
Also see other sashiko projects and supplies in the drop down menus under Sashiko in the main menu.
This book shows you how to do Moyozashi (traditional pattern sashiko), Hitomesashi (one stitch sashiko) and Kugurisashi (threaded sashiko - also called sashiko & weaving).