Japanese Wagara Fabric Boro Kit
Please select all options.
Boro kit with everything you need to make a boro stitched cloth approx 22" X 22" (like the cushion top in the photograph here). This kit is a good for beginning stitchers or for anyone wanting to make a boro cloth with traditional Japanese wagara print cotton fabrics.
The package contains
- hand cut pieces of Japanese wagara-momen, 3" - 5" wide strips approx 10" long, plus three 6" square pieces. They are the same cotton fabrics shown in these photographs although the patterns on the fabrics will vary some from package to package.
- 22" X 22" cotton fabric (for stitching your boro pieces onto)
- 2 sashiko needles,
- 2 skeins of white sashiko thread,
- a leather sashiko thimble,
- a pair of metal Japanese threads snips,
- 5 pages of information and instructions.
- I have also included one sashiko preprinted fabric strip in this boro package which you can stitch first, then wash away the printed markings, and add to your boro project for a nice detail. In the sample in the photo here I cut mine into 3 small pieces.