....when manufactured cotton cloth became available, the peasant class continued to use indigo to over dye their sashiko stitched garments and bedding. The indigo strengthened the cloth, and no doubt gave coherence to the pieced and patched garments and household linens....
....that if you have a solid color piece of wool and it seems a little too flat, you can add some energy and texture to it by adding some sashiko stitching.
Try using stencils for a quick and easy way to design your own sashiko project.
- Sashiko +
- Hand Stitching +
- Dyed Yarn Fabrics +
- More Fabrics +
- Bags +
- About Fabrics on A Threaded Needle
- About quilting sashiko
- dyed yarn cotton fabric
- hand sewing
- how to thread a sashiko needle
- How to transfer sashiko designs
- How to use products
- How to use sashiko products
- How to...
- Just for inspiration
- making matters
- Ready to stitch sashiko fabrics
- Sashiko thread-how not to end in a tangle
- Sashiko tutorial part 1 of 4
- Sashiko tutorial part 2 of 4
- Sashiko tutorial part 3 of 4
- Sashiko tutorial part 4 of 4
- Slow stitching and mending
- Things you can do with your sashiko stitched fabric
- Thoughts about creativity
- Tutorials for how to stitch sashiko & weaving designs
- What is going on at A Threaded Needle
- Zakka stitching for your home