Which one are you stitching?
Sashiko? Kogin? Hitomezashi? Boro?
What all 4 techniques have in common, and how they differ...
....when manufactured cotton cloth became available, the peasant class continued to use indigo to over dye their sashiko stitched garments and bedding. The indigo strengthened the cloth, and no doubt gave coherence to the pieced and patched garments and household linens....
....The wives being often too poor to purchase bundles of rags individually would group together to purchase, clean, sort and sashiko stitch the rags together to make clothing, bedding and household fabrics. It is around this time that white cotton thread appears in sashiko stitching.
- Sashiko +
- Dyed Yarn Fabrics +
- Handstitching +
- Special Fabrics +
- About quilting sashiko
- dyed yarn cotton fabric
- hand sewing
- how to thread a sashiko needle
- How to transfer sashiko designs
- How to use products
- How to use sashiko products
- How to...
- Just for inspiration
- making matters
- Ready to stitch sashiko fabrics
- Sashiko thread-how not to end in a tangle
- Sashiko tutorial part 1 of 4
- Sashiko tutorial part 2 of 4
- Sashiko tutorial part 3 of 4
- Sashiko tutorial part 4 of 4
- Slow stitching and mending
- Things you can do with your sashiko stitched fabric
- Thoughts about creativity
- Tutorials for how to stitch sashiko & weaving designs
- What is going on at A Threaded Needle
- Zakka stitching for your home